This course is delivered over 1 day.
Students will be assessed as they progress through the course.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be presented with certificate which is valid for two years
- The basic first aid course is designed for those who may come across first aid situations infrequently. It is designed to give students with the skills and knowledge to provide emergency life saving treatments in common emergency situations.
- The course is facilitated by an instructor /tutor who will use a variety of techniques such as lectures, demonstrations, practicals and group discussions amongst others, to guide you through the course. The course is delivered through English.
- The course is 1 Day (6 hours). The course can be delivered over a number of evenings or weekends as necessary.
- The assessment for the course will be split between theory examinations and practical skills demonstrations or OSCE's. The theory element is assessed using a multiple choice examination (MCQ) the practical element is assessed using skills sheets and scenario based practical assessments.
- In order to maintain you qualification after your two-year certification period you will be required to undertake the course again.